Broken Pieces

#SciFi #Author of "Superhuman Nature" Brandon Overall & the Importance of Friends

Saturday, February 8, 2014


How do you feel about self-publishing?
-It has worked well for me!  I got really lucky and sold 711 copies of my book in my second month.  I don’t think most people have that kind of success.
How important are friends in your life?
-I wish I could say they were extremely important, but right now my life is too fast paced to keep in touch with my friends very well.  People come and go in my life just about every day.  It’s hard to get attached to any of them.
How many friends does a person need?
-As many as it takes to make them happy.
What social issues interest you the most?
-I am very interested in religion’s role in society.  I enjoy watching religious debates and seeing the trend shift in the acceptance of other religions besides Christianity or no religion at all.
When you get free time on the internet or you go to the library – what do you want to read about?
-I generally browse sites like Reddit and look for anything interesting happening in the world.
Do you find the time to read?
-Not as much as I probably should!  I tend to spend most of my free time playing games and watching movies rather than reading.  I enjoy reading when those things aren’t available, though.
Last book you purchased? Tell us about it.
The Shining by Stephen King.  Believe it or not, it’s the first Stephen King novel I have read!
What is your favorite quality about yourself?
-When I set my mind on something, I usually put in the time and effort to excel at it.
What is your least favorite quality about yourself?
-I take failure extremely hard, and it usually bothers me for quite a while.
What are you most proud of accomplishing so far in your life?
-Achieving my goal of joining the Army, and also writing a book!  Not many people can say they have done both.

SuperhumanNature
Superhuman Nature is Brandon Overall's first novel. It was written and published during his first deployment to Afghanistan as a 2nd Lieutenant in late 2013.
Neil Hitchens was a senior ROTC Cadet in college. He was just weeks away from graduating and becoming an Officer in the United States Army, until a strange dream set off a chain of events that would twist his life into something he could have never prepared for.
In the days following his dream, several strange happenings occurred that he began to suspect were the result of his own actions. Before long, he discovered that he had the ability to control the world around him with his mind.
What started out as an unpredictable ability quickly evolved into an extraordinary power that had the capacity to change the world. It didn't take long for the government to find out what Neil could do.
They knew having such limitless potential on the side of the US Military could give them limitless political influence, and they would stop at nothing to get Neil to do their bidding. They would find out what happens when you back a dangerous animal into a corner.
Neil spent his whole life believing he would amount to greatness, but he never expected how greatness could corrupt even the most innocent of minds.
Buy @ Amazon & Smashwords
Genre – Science Fiction
Rating – PG-13
More details about the author
Connect with Brandon Overall on Facebook

0 comments: